Case Study : Chelsea FC
Mobile LED Screens in the Chelsea Parade, as provided by sister company ADI UK
Achieving the Impossible!
As the official DVD partner for leading Premiership football club, Chelsea FC, ILC Media undertook the challenge of releasing the 2005/06 Season Review DVD into the market just 7 days after the last match of the season; which saw them crowned Premiership Champions for the second consecutive year.
Capitalising on the hysteria surrounding the achievement, and wary of the impending World Cup Finals in Germany, we were keen to launch the product at the earliest possible date, and used the teams’ Championship Winning parade as a vehicle to communicate the release.
With a near impossible production deadline, editors compiled footage from Chelsea FC’s final match of the season as the game was being played, and the final editing process took place within 24 hours of the final whistle.
Utilising our experience in the process, we were able to have the final DVD ‘Master’ programme authored and approved within the minimum possible turnaround time.
Working closely with the client, artwork for the sleeve and DVD was completed on the day of the match and approved accordingly in order to meet the demands of the printing process, which can take up to four days to fulfill.
With the strictest of deadlines, we were able to accomplish the seemingly unachievable task of providing delivery of a full Season Review DVD within 7 days of the final match of the season.
With a fully integrated campaign, marketing activity focused on the date of release coinciding with the celebration parade marking the teams’ achievement.
- National Press: News of the World; The Mirror
- National Consumer Magazines: FourFourTwo; World Soccer; WSC
- Other Print: Chelsea FC Magazine; Chelsea FC Official Programme; Various Fanzines
- Regional press: Metro London; London Lite; Evening Standard
- Radio: TalkSport campaign
- TV advertising: ChelseaTV
- Online: Targeted banners & Streaming Trailers
- Ambient: Mobile LED Screens supplied by sister company, ADI UK
- Email: Chelsea FC Members Database; Chelsea FC Retail Database; Third Party Targeted Databases
- Post: Mail out to Club Database
- Review Copies issued to targeted media
- Media interviews with key individuals
- Exclusive programme content provided to key media
- Introductory purchase price offered
- Promotion offering previous Season Review titles at combined purchase discount